Godfather

Saturday 20 November 2010

1. Introduction + Dimensions


This is my first blog and I'll explain everything I will do to the Digital Imaging Software module. This will be my logbook. Here I will discuss technical details of what lies in editing. I have to design a DVD cover; a DVD/CD on-disk label and 1 minute PRMOTIONAL VIDEO. I will use three Adobe software package. They are: Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro.
I will aproach in my project a movie which garnered ten Academy Award nominations and was named Best Picture, The Godfather.
I choose this film because is one of Hollywood's greatest critical and commercial successes. The Godfather gets everything right; not only did the movie transcend expectations; it established new benchmarks for American cinema.
First of all I'll start with the DVD cover:
Dimensions with which I will work are: 
 I used Illustrator because I have some knowledge with it, to create the exact dimensions I will need for my DVD cover.
I used the Rectangle Tool because it gives you the possibility to use the exact size. In my case, I used 272 mm width and 184 mm height.

I needed a dashed line to arrange the edges so I used Dashed Lines 1.1 in Illustrator to obtain the desired effect.